Jobs | 14 January 2019
STOP PRESS – We are recruiting for Senior Ecologist / Principal Ecologist
Due to company growth we are currently seeking individuals for an array of roles, these include Senior Ecologist / Principal Ecologist. If you believe one of these roles may suit you and you have something to offer, please read the Job Advert below and check out our Career Information Pack on our Careers Page.
For further roles currently on offer please see our Careers Page.
Job: Senior Ecologist / Principal Ecologist
Come and join something special…
About the Company
GES is an award-winning independent ecological consultancy committed to delivering the highest possible standards of service and providing outcome focused advice across a range of disciplines.
As a company we provide a wide range of Ecological and Arboricultural Services to a range of sectors. Our portfolio includes town expansions, housing developments, commercial schemes, education, health care, recreation and utilities projects.
As a team we enjoy the challenges often faced within the industry and work together to deliver forward thinking approaches. We are passionate about ecology, the industry and providing high levels of customer care and pride ourselves with being at the forefront with technology.
Striving to develop individuals through the provision of a supportive and friendly atmosphere, we are firm believers of knowledge sharing and CPD is key to the company ethos. Every member of our team is valued and plays an important role in the development of the company.
Being proud winners of the CIEEM Best Small Consultancy of the Year in 2018, we continue to develop our reputation for producing high quality work and due to continued company growth, we are currently seeking Principal / Senior Ecologists to complement the existing team.
As a successful candidate you would enjoy that all important balance between field and office work, whilst working on a variety of projects across a range of sectors.
Your role would involve the undertaking, management and co-ordinating of a wide range of habitat and protective species surveys, providing ecological advice to clients and designing mitigation strategies when required. You would manage projects to a high standard and work with other senior team members in supporting and developing less experienced members of the team. You would manage and review the analysis and statistical assessment of ecological data and produce a wide range of technical reports including EPSM Licence Applications, EcIA and BREEAM.
You would assist the company with further growth, produce tenders and liaise with both current and new clients, regulators, third parties and team members providing ecological advice and sharing your skills. The salary is competitive and will be reflective of experience. We also offer a benefits package, TOIL scheme, two different pension options, a generous training budget and use of the company vehicles.
Candidates must have experience of working within ecological consultancy and a proven ability to identify and facilitate ecological solutions is essential. You must have strong project management, surveying and communication skills, be commercially aware, detail orientated and motivated to work both independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications, Key Attributes and Personal Specification Required:
• Degree and/or a post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
• At least one Natural England EPS licences and/or a technical specialism used within ecological consultancy
• Full membership of CIEEM (or eligible for full membership)
• Experience of conducting an array of habitat and protective species surveys and detailed knowledge of their survey techniques
• Have detailed working knowledge of the planning system, UK / EU wildlife legislation and UK ecology in general, this being both in industry and of personal interest
• Ability to multi-task and proven experience of project management and high levels of client care within an ecological consultancy setting
• Experience of designing, implementing and managing ecological mitigation on a range of projects
• Clear and concise oral and written communication skills, with proven experience of producing technical reports, EPSM Licences, tenders and effective communication with clients, third parties (NE, LPAs) and colleagues
• A pro-active approach to learning and knowledge sharing and good presentation skills
• Experience of people management and mentoring more junior ecologists
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK hold a full valid driving licence and have access to a car for work use. Please note: we have some company vehicles which can be used for work, but use is not guaranteed.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to Florence Hodsdon at email@example.com and state within your application if you wish to apply for a Senior or Principal role.
Like this post? Please share: